DATA CENTER AND INFRASTRUCTURE
What is DATA CENTER AND INFRASTRUCTURE?
What Does Data Center Infrastructure Mean?
Data center infrastructure refers to the core physical or hardware-based resources and components – including all IT infrastructure devices, equipment and technologies – that comprise a data center. It is modeled and identified in a design plan that includes a complete listing of necessary infrastructure components used to create a data center.
Explain Data Center Infrastructure
A data center infrastructure may include:
- Networking equipment, such as routers or switches
- Security, such as firewall or biometric security system
- Storage, such as storage area network (SAN) or backup/tape storage
- Data center management software/applications
It can also include non-computing resources, such as:
- Power and cooling devices, such as air conditioners or generators
- Physical server racks/chassis
- Internet backbone